Wellbeing Recovery Worker - HMP Thameside
At Turning Point, we support people across England with substance use issues. As a Wellbeing Recovery Worker, you'll make a real difference to their lives as you develop the personal, flexible and realistic support packages they need to help turn things around.
The role is based at HMP Thameside, a Category B prison in South London. At HMP Thameside, we provide an integrated model of psycho-social and clinical support, which is evidence based and focused on meeting complex individual needs.
As a Wellbeing Recovery Worker we offer a starting salary of £26,324 + £3,633 ILW rising each year in line with our pay progression salary bands, rising to £30,794 per year + £3,633 ILW. (Dependent on experience you may be offered a starting salary above the initial starting salary).
You will have opportunities to progress your career with a structured learning journey and clearly defined career pathways that will enable you to achieve your long-term goals and work to your strengths.
Whether you are looking to progress into a management and leadership role or to be a specialist in your field as an Advanced Substance Use Practitioner at Turning point we will support and encourage you on your career journey.
Join us as one of our Wellbeing Recovery Workers and you'll assist with the delivery of a high-quality, person-centred service. You'll work with service users to develop support packages that are realistic and flexible, and take a collaborative approach with our partners Oxleas and Catch 22, as well as working alongside community DIP teams. Duties will include, providing advice, information and sign-posting to service users as well as facilitating groups, educating on harm reduction and undertaking 1-2-1 recovery planning. You will also be responsible for risk assessments and ensuring that appropriate and punctual reports are produced and accurate records are maintained.
The Ideal Candidate
Strong oral and written communication skills are important. You'll have a background in managing a caseload of service users with complex needs and a track record of managing incidents of violent and verbal aggression. The role's core hours are Monday to Friday, however there will also be some weekend work on a rotational basis. As the role is based within HMP Thameside, you will need to gain full clearance for working in prison (including both DBS and MOJ clearance checks).
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.