Specialty Doctor - Wakefield Inspiring Recovery
Part Time – 18.5 Hours Per Week (Up to 5 sessions) (Negotiable)
Turning Point is a leading Social Enterprise which supports people with a wide range of complex needs across Learning Disabilities, Mental Health, Substance Misuse and Public Health. We are currently recruiting for a part time Speciality Doctor to work in our Wakefield Inspiring Integrated Substance Misuse Service, where you’ll have the chance to make a real difference to the lives of the people we support who are experiencing difficulties from drugs and alcohol usage.
Passionate about people, you’ll enjoy the opportunity and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress in your career within a social enterprise. So if you’re ambitious and ready for a fresh challenge with a sector leader then this could be the opportunity for you.
Running health and social care services as a social enterprise, we invest every penny back into our care – and our people. So, if you’re ambitious and ready for a fresh challenge, progress your career with a sector leader.
You will be responsible for Delivery of our local prescribing clinics delivered across our community service in line with Turning Point’s contractual obligations and in response to patient needs. Leading the provision of a patient-centred, evidence-based, accessible and culturally sensitive specialist care to our service uses.
Additionally, you will provide clinical expertise and ensure that Turning Point meets its contractual obligations with commissioners and ensures that services are developed to maximise the benefits to patients.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will also be expected to have and/demonstrate the following:
- Experience in addiction medicine / drug and alcohol treatment
- Current registration with GMC
- Previous experience of providing safe, effective and evidence based assessment, care and interventions for substance users
- The legal right to work in the UK.
In addition to the above we are seeking to appoint an individual who can also bring Turning Point’s core values to the role:
- We believe that everyone has the potential to grow, learn and make choices
- We all communicate in an authentic and confident way that blends support and challenge
- We are here to embrace change even when it is complex and uncomfortable
- We treat each other and those we support as individuals however difficult and challenging
- We deliver better outcomes by encouraging ideas and new thinking
- We commit to building a strong and financially viable Turning Point together
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
- 33 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 35 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.