Recovery Worker - SDAS - Mendip
At Turning Point, we support people across the UK with substance misuse issues. As a Recovery Worker, you'll make a real difference to their lives as you develop the personal, flexible and realistic support packages they need to help turn things around. Passionate about people, you'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you make the role your own as part of a friendly and multidisciplinary team.
Running health facilities and services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our care - and our people. So, if you're ambitious and focused on substance misuse, progress a Recovery Worker career with real value.
Raising the bar for people-centred care, you'll provide advice and information to service users. Of course, that means not only putting their wellbeing first, but providing an outstanding service for their families too. People's lives will be truly changed by you. So, we'll offer you the chance to thrive on a wide range of challenges, as you build relationships throughout every stage of their recovery. By working closely with healthcare professionals such as GPs and social services, your dedication will make a better future.
Hours are Monday to Friday 9am-5pm, with approximately one late shift per monthly rota.
Driving licence and access to own car is preferred but not essential for this role.
The Ideal Candidate
Having handled a significant caseload in a busy environment as a Recovery Worker or similar, you'll have a deep understanding of substance misuse and the Recovery Agenda. It's an extremely varied role, so flexibility, a track record of DANOS compliance and knowledge of relapse and other barriers to recovery will be vital. Naturally, we also look for Recovery Workers with excellent communication skills and, ideally, a vocational qualification, such as an NVQ 3 or equivalent. Excellent IT skills with knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook etc. are essential for this role. (Tested at interview) The facilitation of workshops, managing of recovery coordination sessions, compiling risk assessments and risk management plans, care planning and reduction plans are just some of the varied duties you will be providing.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.