Team Manager - Ryhill/Havercroft
At Turning Point, we support people across England with learning disabilities. Making a real difference to their lives, you'll motivate, manage and grow a team of support staff to enable more people to discover new possibilities in their lives.
We now have an opportunity for Team Manager in Wakefield, supporting adults with Learning Disabilities. As the Team Manager you will have management responsibility for several teams operating a supported living model of support. As one of our management team, you'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you benefit from an exceptional level of internal and external training as well as a highly supportive management team.
Please note you must have experience in leading a team to be considered for this role.
Building on your experience of working with people with learning disabilities, you'll set, maintain and develop standards as part of our service. As manager, your focus will always be on ensuring the delivery of consistently high quality services - all within a challenging, but very rewarding environment. In this varied Team Manager role, you'll also carry out risk assessments, implement care plans and provide operational management.
The Ideal Candidate
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
- The ability to meet financial and business targets
- A track record of supporting and empowering people to live more independently in their community
- Flexibility is essential, and ideally, you'll also have a full driving license and access to a car
- Experience of working with individuals with autism, learning disabilities and communication difficulties is essential
- Experience of complex physical and health needs is essential
- Knowledge and understanding of the Positive Behaviour Support process is desirable
- The ability to communicate effectively to a range of audiences
- Willing to work towards NVQ level 4/5 qualification
- You must be fully flexible as this role will involve out of hours checks supporting/coaching staff and the possible need to backfill when short of staff.
“Legislation recently introduced, which will come into force on 1 April 2022 means that for our services that conduct “Regulated Activity” as defined by the CQC, require us to ensure that any applicant is able to evidence at least one COVID-19 vaccination with a planned date scheduled for the second vaccination to take place by 1st April 2022 – therefore all offers will be made subject to candidates providing satisfactory evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status (or relevant exemption). Details of what will amount to satisfactory evidence can be provided upon request”
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics