Team Manager - Extra Care - Carlisle
At Turning Point, we support people across England with learning disabilities. Making a real difference to their lives, you'll motivate, manage and grow a team of support staff to enable more people to discover new possibilities in their lives.
We now have an opportunity for Team Manager in Carlisle. You will have management responsibility of our Extra Care services, where we inspire individuals with Physical and learning disability to remain independent. As one of our management team, you'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you benefit from an exceptional level of internal and external training as well as a highly supportive management team.
Building on your experience of working with people with learning disabilities and complex behaviours, you'll set, maintain and develop standards as part of our service. As manager, your focus will always be on ensuring the delivery of consistently high quality services - all within a challenging, but very rewarding environment. In this varied Team Manager role, you'll also carry out risk assessments, implement care plans and handle some operational management.
The Ideal Candidate
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
- An understanding of the Extra Care agenda
- The ability to meet financial and business targets
- A track record of supporting and empowering people to live more independently in their community
- Flexibility is essential, and ideally, you'll also have a full driving license and access to a car
- Experience of working with individuals with autism, learning disabilities and communication difficulties is essential
- Experience of complex physical and health needs is essential
- Knowledge and understanding of the Positive Behaviour Support process is desirable
- Understanding of Makaton, objects of reference, communication passports is desirable
- Willing to work towards NVQ level 4/5 qualification
- You must be fully flexible as this role will involve out of hours checks supporting/coaching staff and the possible need to backfill when short of staff.
Why Turning Point?
We take pride in the services that we provide. There is one vision that everyone at Turning Point shares, which is held together by our values. These include believing in potential, communicating in a confident way, embracing change and treating each other as individuals.
Running services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our services - and, our people. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support people with Learning Disabilities to live fulfilling lives- here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job: we offer you a career.
Training and Development
We offer training to all those who want to develop their skills and competencies not just in the care sector but in other areas too.
- Level 2 and 3 Business Administration take away
- Level 2 and 3 Lead Adult Care Worker
- Level 3 Operational Team Leader
- Level 5 Management and Leadership take away
Please note training will be offered after your probation period ends which is 6 months. Once you begin your training with us you will have your own coach who will support you through your programme.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £200 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics