Team Leader - Watford
At Turning Point, we support people with learning disabilities across England. As a Team Leader, you'll make a real difference to the lives of the people we support as you provide high quality services that support each of our service users to achieve their full potential. Passionate about people, you'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you make the role your own and lead by example.
This role is a 12 month contract/secondment with potential to become permanent.
Our Parkview service in Watford, is a 24 hour, residential care home, where we support 6 residents with mild, moderate and profound LD and complex needs to live independently. People that we support here have a mixture of communication, mobility and health need. We tailor our services to enable people to be as independent as possible.
We endeavor to create positive family relationships offering a good circle of support. There is a strong focus on supporting individuals’ lives in a person centered way which includes various activities, shopping, managing own budgets and cooking. Raising the bar for person-centered care, you'll provide support, which means not only putting their well-being first, but building and maintaining relationships with their families and friends.
You and your team will develop flexible and realistic support plans and risk assessments with the individuals you support and in collaboration with family members and other professionals, ensuring that the support plans reflect each person's needs, goals and aspirations. Part of the role will include reviewing support plans and risk assessments, liaising with health professionals, chairing a variety of meetings, completing Mental Capacity Assessments, holding Best Interest meetings and completing DoLS applications.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for Team Leaders who can quickly adapt within busy and changeable environments. Not only will you need the ability to lead a team of Support Workers on a shift, allocate work and delegate tasks, you will be expected to directly line manage a team of support staff. This will include managing and overseeing the rota, sickness, supervisions and appraisals, managing performance issues, coaching and mentoring. We expect our Team Leaders to bring the strong communication skills needed to tailor their message to a variety of audiences.
You should be a team player with some experience gained in the care sector - preferably a working knowledge of supporting individuals who have a learning disabilities, Physical disabilities and health issues.
We will offer a varied and interesting training and development package to develop you as a line manager and support you in the role.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work.
We understand reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our Total Reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, so we can invest in your future – we have a silver accreditation from Investors in People
- Access to Blue Light Card discounts as well as exclusive discounts to Turning Point employees, on mobile phones, gym memberships, shopping and much more
- Flexible working solutions so we can support your work-life balance
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays and spread the cost
- Access to free financial education, counselling, occupational health, and advice services – some of which your family can use too – to support your total wellbeing
- A mileage claim scheme
- Free life cover of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension scheme to support your savings and security
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication
- Flexible benefit options including Cycle to Work schemes and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics