Supported Living Manager (Registered)
At Turning Point, we support people across England that live with learning disabilities. Making a real difference to their lives, you’ll motivate, manage, and grow a team of support workers and managers to enable more people to discover new possibilities in their lives.
We now have an opportunity as a Supported Living Manager in our services in Salford. This role involves managing multiple supported living locations for individuals with Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities and Complex Health.
As one of our management team, you’ll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you benefit from an exceptional level of internal and external training as well as a highly supportive management team.
You’ll set, maintain and develop standards, making a real difference to people’s lives.
As the registered manager, your primary focus will mainly be on ensuring the delivery of consistently high quality services against regulatory and financial frameworks but you’ll also be committed to working towards the ultimate accolade of ‘Outstanding’ by being innovative and creative in the support and choices offered to people.
The Ideal Candidate
Ideally a background of working in a supporting living setting within the LD sector and of supporting individuals with Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities and Complex Health coupled with an understanding of Epilepsy will be a real advantage.
Level 5 qualification or be working towards this/willing to work towards this.
Proven leadership experience in a similar role, preferably, but not limited to supported living services.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with people we support, families, colleagues and other stakeholders.
Knowledge of person-centred planning, advocacy and best practice in the field of supported living.
Ability to navigate and collaborate with relevant regulatory bodies and external stakeholders.
Managing a team through a time of change and innovation.
Everyone has their own unique reason for choosing Turning Point. It might be our passion for making a difference – not a profit. Whatever your reason, you’ll enjoy working with like–minded people who believe in the power of what they do.
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, creating environments where everyone can thrive, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
What benefits will I receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to buy additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!