Supported Living Manager - Hatherley - Learning Disabilities
At Turning Point, we support people across England with learning disabilities. Making a real difference to their lives, you’ll motivate, manage and grow a team of support staff to enable more people to discover new possibilities in their lives.
We now have an opportunity as a Supported Living Manager in our services in Cheltenham- Gloucestershire. This is a Supported Living Manager role that involves managing a supported living location for 11 individuals with Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities and Complex Health across 3 bungalows on one site.
As one of our management team, you’ll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you benefit from an exceptional level of internal and external training as well as a highly supportive management team.
Building on your experience of working with people with learning disabilities, you’ll set, maintain and develop standards as part of our supported living services for adults with learning disabilities. As the manager, your focus will always be on ensuring the delivery of consistently high-quality services – all within a challenging, but very rewarding environment. In this varied Supported Living Manager role, you’ll also carry out risk assessments, implement care plans and handle some operational management. You will also work alongside Commissioners, Stakeholders, Regulators and other parties who are involved with a service.
The Ideal Candidate
Ideally a background of working in a supporting living setting within the LD sector and of supporting individuals with Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities and Complex Health coupled with an understanding of Epilepsy will be a real advantage. You will hold a level 5 qualification or be working towards this/willing to work towards this. The ability to meet financial and business targets will be just as important, as will a track record of supporting and empowering people to live more independently in their community. You will also have sound knowledge of CQC and experience of managing services which are governed by these regulations.
Experienced in managing staff teams, developing talent and managing performance issues is required, you will be able to motivate staff members, develop leadership and delegate skills. You should also have a sound understanding of supported living and how individuals with complex health needs can be supported within this model.
Flexibility is essential, and, you’ll also have a full driving licence and access to a car.
Legislation recently introduced, which will come into force on 1 April 2022 means that for our services that conduct “Regulated Activity” as defined by the CQC, require us to ensure that any applicant is able to evidence at least one COVID-19 vaccination with a planned date scheduled for the second vaccination to take place by 1st April 2022 – therefore all offers will be made subject to candidates providing satisfactory evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status (or relevant exemption). Details of what will amount to satisfactory evidence can be provided upon request
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone-based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.