Senior Support Worker - Whittlesey - Peterborough
At Turning Point, we support people with learning disabilities across England. As a Senior Support Worker, you will make a real difference to the lives of the people we support as you provide high quality services that support each of our service users to achieve their full potential. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you make the role your own and lead by example
Our supported living service is just located in a village just outside Peterborough in Whittlesey where we support 2 tenants with Learning Disabilities, Autism, complex needs, health needs and physical disabilities.
We endeavour to create positive family relationships offering a good circle of support. There is a strong focus on supporting individuals’ lives in a person-centred way which includes various activities, shopping, managing own budgets and cooking. Raising the bar for person-centred care, you will provide support, which means not only putting their well-being first, but building and maintaining relationships with their families and friends.
You and your team will develop flexible and realistic support plans and risk assessments with the individuals you support and in collaboration with family members and other professionals, ensuring that the support plans reflect each person's needs, goals and aspirations. Part of the role will include reviewing support plans and risk assessments, liaising with health professionals, chairing a variety of meetings, completing Mental Capacity Assessments, holding Best Interest meetings and completing DoLS applications. You must have a full, clean and valid driving license to be considered for this role.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for Senior Support Workers who can quickly adapt within busy and changeable environments. Not only will you need the ability to lead a team of Support Workers on a shift, allocate work and delegate tasks, you will be expected to directly line manage a team of support staff. This will include managing and overseeing the rota, sickness, supervisions and appraisals, managing performance issues, coaching and mentoring. We expect our Senior Support Workers to bring the strong communication skills needed to tailor their message to a variety of audiences.
You should be a team player with some experience gained in the care sector - preferably a working knowledge of supporting individuals who have a learning disabilities, Physical disabilities and health issues.
We will offer a varied and interesting training and development package to develop you as a line manager and support you in the role.
We take pride in the services that we provide. There is one vision that everyone at Turning Point shares, which is held together by our values. These include believing in potential, communicating in a confident way, embracing change and treating each other as individuals.
Running services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our services - and, our people. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support people with Learning Disabilities to live fulfilling lives - here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job: we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus, the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone-based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!