Senior Recovery Worker - Impact
At Turning Point, we support people across the UK with substance misuse issues. As a Senior Recovery Worker, you'll make a real difference to their lives as you support your team in developing the personal, flexible and realistic support packages that service users will need to help turn things around. Passionate about people, you'll enjoy supporting a strong team and in turn, supporting people who use the service and making positive changes to their lives. As a Senior Recovery Worker, you’ll be responsible for a team and you will support the compliance, outcomes and performance of your team. You will support the senior management with a multi agency approach.
- Ensure you and your team work flexibly in a variety of settings, creating care and support plans that meet the needs of the service and clients in accordance with the recovery agenda.
- Ensure you and your team deliver excellent person-centred interventions with individuals for whom we provide support within the Service in accordance with recovery plans.
- Ensure that the agreed quality objectives are met by prioritising, planning and organising own workload and creating and implementing caseload plans you agree with your team.
- Contribute to effective financial management in your own service by ensuring you and your team members carry out day to day activities and make workplace decisions that reflect an understanding of costs.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have line management experience, including providing staff supervisions and having handled a significant caseload in a busy environment, you will be extremely proficient in managing your time, using your initiative and working independently. Experience or working knowledge of managing staff disciplinary and support plans and staff absence will be an advantage.
Preferably, you will have an understanding of substance misuse and the Recovery Agenda and you’ll be able to provide practical help and advice to your team in managing their caseloads and risk management. You will be working in a CQC Outstanding rated service, therefore, you will have an excellent knowledge of the CQC key lines of enquiry and working within these and setting the standard. An understanding of the Orange Guidelines and will be an advantage to you working within this team.
Excellent IT skills with knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook etc. are essential for this role.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.