Senior Assistant Psychologist - City & Hackney
At Turning Point, we are recognised leaders in helping people recover from addiction and gain control of their lives. By providing the right support at the right time, and making sure that people can find all the help they need, we have grown into one of the largest providers of substance misuse services in England and Wales.
Our City & Hackney service is a fully integrated adult service delivered by Turning Point. There is a focus on partnership working throughout the service to support those in the local community who need assistance to achieve their goals. We will deliver treatment and support across the London boroughs of City & Hackney, ensuring a holistic and inclusive approach to recovery in this exciting new service.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Assistant Psychologist to work in our City & Hackney service, where you’ll have the chance to make a real difference to the lives of the people we support who are experiencing difficulties from drugs and alcohol usage.
- Coordinate and support implementation of the psychosocial group programme working under the direction of the Clinical / Counselling Psychologist.
- Support and provide training for the teams to ensure high quality group interventions.
- Oversee implementation of the group programme and ensure use of dedicated outcome measures, collating and analysing data.
- Work alongside and provide PSI support for practitioners.
- Inspire the teams and have an inclusive and participatory management style.
- Provide training/workshops for partner agencies in PSIs used at Turning Point.
- Contribute to psychology-related projects with the national Psychology team as agreed with the City & Hackney Counselling Psychologist.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need at least a 2:1 degree in psychology and BPS Graduate Membership, an understanding of the needs and difficulties of people with mental health and substance misuse problems.
You will have had previous experience of working in a health or social care setting and it is vital that you will have prior experience of delivering group-based psycho-social interventions to clients within a mental health setting.
You will have good verbal and written communication skills, to enable you to complete reports for partner agencies as well as deliver psycho-social interventions to clients on a daily basis.
Tailored induction and training will be provided to enable you to work effectively in this role. You will join a national group of Assistant Psychologists for peer support and sharing good practice.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.