Regional Head of Operations - Learning Disabilities
At Turning Point, we believe that everyone has the potential to grow, learn and make choices – we are inspired by possibility. We work with people who need our support with their drug and alcohol use, mental health, offending behaviour, unemployment issues and people with a learning disability. We aim to inspire and empower them to discover new possibilities in their lives. We are connected by our values, these include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We are looking to recruit an inspirational leader to take on the role of Regional Head of Operations (RHO), supporting our Learning Disabilities services.
As RHO you will lead your team in ensuring services are delivered to the highest possible standard & quality, you will develop and deliver Turning Point's Learning Disability strategy, which reflects our person centred values for the people we support. Along with supporting our commercial and growth ambitions, through developing and retaining existing services, you will also support the expansion of our service portfolio.
This is a broad and demanding role. You will have full management responsibility for 5 direct reports and overall responsibility for approximately 800 employees working across the region in our supported living, complex care, outreach and short stay accommodation services.
The Ideal Candidate
So what skills and experience do you need to be a success in this role?
- Be an inspirational leader who has a person centred approach, putting the ambition of the people we support at the heart of all that we do
- Have a strong track record for the highest quality standards of operational delivery through a team of managers across dispersed geographical locations
- Have proven experience of CQC regulations, governance, risk & financial management and budget control, with a mind-set of continuous improvement
- You are at your best in an environment of collaboration, leading on organisational wide projects and an ability to influence at all levels
- You will have commercial and business growth experience - winning new business, successful negotiation for existing and new contracts, along with developing existing contracts
- Flexibility is a must, working from home and being out in service, our leaders are visible to our colleagues and people we support and therefore a driving licence is essential.
What benefits will I receive?
We like to reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive Learning and Development opportunities - we are Investors in People Silver accredited
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), increasing with each year of service until 27 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including, bike to work schemes and season ticket loans. Along with access to a wide range of discounts including cinema, groceries and gym.
- Pension and Life Assurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme and access to online Health and Wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work/life balance
- Car allowance
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.