Project Worker - Crisis Sanctuary - maternity cover
At Turning Point, we support people across England with mental health issues. We make a real difference to their lives as we introduce them to the personal, flexible and realistic support they need to improve the quality of their lives in their communities. Passionate about people, you'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience, training and education you need to progress in your career with us.
The Crisis Sanctuary offers drop in access to the public for mental health support out of hours. We work therapeutically with individuals who are experiencing a mental health crisis, psychological and emotional distress in the City Centre and Beeston.
The service operates in the evening and at weekends. Drop in times are 5.30-11pm Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. One day will be working from home to do administrative tasks.
This position is temporary to cover maternity leave from mid July 2021 to mid January 2022.
The main purpose of the role is to support the team to assist individuals to address and de-escalate their immediate crisis experience in a safe, friendly setting.
Your role will be to support the service manager to deliver a high quality person centred service in line with the service specification and prepare for internal and external service monitoring and audits. You will support and guide a small team of two, working as part of the team in delivering the service at each drop in.
The role will require you to offer support face to face and remotely by telephone or online.
The Ideal Candidate
You will be able to demonstrate a good knowledge and value base in mental health and related issues. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor the message to the audience. You may have experience in supervising a small team and have collaborative team working skills.
You will be able to deliver a range of treatments and interventions in a person centred, non-judgemental manner. You will have the ability to deal effectively and calmly with challenging situations.
You will be able to deliver the service at the times and venues stated above.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive Learning and Development opportunities - we are Investors in People Silver accredited
- 28 days holiday, increasing with each year of service until 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including, bike to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive Pension and Life Assurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme and access to online Health and Wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work/life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts including Cinema, Groceries and Gym.
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.