Outreach Recovery Worker - START
At Turning Point we provide services across the whole country which delivers end to end drug and alcohol treatment and support, family services, housing advice and support for those in contact with the criminal justice system, needle exchange system, and custody outreach. We are a specialist in delivering whole treatment system approaches across cities and county areas, which has led to the reduction in people falling through gaps between services and delivers improved outcomes.
At Turning Point, we support people across the UK with substance misuse issues. As an Outreach Recovery Worker, you'll make a real difference in the community and to their lives as you develop the personal, flexible and realistic support packages they need to help turn things around. Passionate about people, you'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you make the role your own as part of a friendly and multidisciplinary team.
We are now looking to recruit an Outreach Recovery Worker to support rough sleepers as they start treatment and move off the street. You will develop flexible and realistic support packages and give practical advice and information to service users, their families and friends, and professionals regarding that support. This will include conducting clinical risk and needs assessments, and working collaboratively with wider rough sleepers support services, health care providers and a vast range of community partners to ensure the delivery of effective and recovery focused services. You will also write reports, maintain accurate records and actively promote the rights and responsibilities of service users.
You will also need a good understanding of the recovery agenda and of combining clinical and psycho-social support tools for maximum effect. The role will allow you to expand and develop your use of group work and structured psycho-social intervention skills. You will hold a substance misuse treatment caseload.
Weekly activities will including providing specialist substance misuse outreach support, delivered via:
- Weekly evening outreach, 7pm to 12pm, at street kitchens/night- shelters.
- Twice-weekly drop-in service at SHOC and Salvation Army.
- Twice-weekly early morning outreach (5.30am-9am) alongside MDT colleagues.
Additionally, once every two months you will join the team, the mayor, police etc. on 11pm to 6am night walks and provide in-reach support to temporary winter shelters in the town.
The Ideal Candidate
Candidates should be trained in delivering effective brief interventions on drug and alcohol misuse and harm reduction, including providing needle exchange and the distribution of Naloxone.
We are ideally seeking candidates who have experience of working with rough sleepers whether in a housing, health care or substance misuse context and have a deep personal commitment to inspiring the possibility of recovery in others. However candidates with transferable skills and experience will also be considered.
Excellent communication and IT skills are essential for this role and applicants with experience of delivering interventions for treatment of alcohol misuse will be viewed favourably.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.