Outreach Recovery Worker - SDAS (Taunton)
Fixed Term Contract - Up to 12 Months
Please Note: A Full UK Driving License and Access to a Vehicle is an Essential Requirement.
At Turning Point, we support people across England with substance misuse problems. As an Outreach Recovery Worker, you'll make a real difference to individual's lives as you provide support and advice to help each and every one of our service users achieve their potential. Passionate about people, you'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you make this role your own as part of a hard-working and friendly team.
As an Outreach Recovery Worker you will be 100% committed to ensuring our services are accessible to those who need them most and working with the local community to ensure our service meets their needs.
Running services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our care - and our people. So, if you're ambitious and focused on helping people with substance misuse issues, progress an Outreach Recovery Worker role with real value.
You will manage a small caseload of service users who are complex and hard to engage so you will need exceptional communication skills and the ability to persevere and work with resistance. You will carry out assessments on new service users outside of our fixed locations and a large amount of the role will be based in other community venues such as hospitals, GP surgeries, probation offices etc. We are passionate about taking our service to those who need it most so the Outreach and Engagement role is crucial to making this happen.
At a practical level, you'll need good IT and communication skills.
The Ideal Candidate
You'll need a good working knowledge of issues related to substance misuse, as well as a genuine passion for the field. Although previous relevant experience, on either a voluntary basis or as a paid employee is preferable, most important is that you're flexible, patient and able to view situations from service users perspectives. As you'd expect, good moral values will be key. Situations can sometimes be difficult and challenging, so you'll need to be non-judgemental, with a sensitive approach and a good understanding of how to meet needs related to substance misuse.
Following new legislation, all offers will be made subject to candidates providing satisfactory evidence of COVID-19 vaccination status (or relevant exemption). Details of what will amount to satisfactory evidence can be provided upon request.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.