Operations Support Manager - North
At Turning Point, we support people across England with Learning Disabilities. Making a real difference to their lives, you’ll motivate, coach and grow staff teams to enable more people to discover new possibilities in their lives.
We now have an opportunity for an Operations Support Manager to join Turning Point on a fixed-term 6-month contract.
The role is mainly home based but travelling will also be required.
As an Operations Support Manager you will support the Regional Head of Operations with the continued transformation and growth of our existing services as well as supporting with new business and service development. The support provided is as varied as the people we support but with a particular emphasis and expertise of supporting individuals with complex health care needs. As one of our management team, you’ll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you benefit from an exceptional level of internal and external training as well as a highly supportive management team.
Building on your experience of working with people with learning disabilities, you’ll set, maintain and develop standards as part of our supported living services for adults with learning disabilities.
As an Operations Support Manager you will co-ordinate People Processes and link directly with HR regarding complex ER cases. You will be involved in employee engagement and listening groups.
Making sure that systems and processes are embedded within our services, you will also oversee governance audits to ensure that actions are completed and that our services comply with all relevant regulations / eternal body requirements.
Your focus will always be on ensuring the delivery of consistently high quality support, all within a challenging, but very rewarding environment. In this varied Operations Support Manager role, you’ll also look at attrition to understand the reasons and support with plans to reduce turnover.
The Ideal Candidate
Managing a team through a time of change, management experience and a background of working in supported living will be a real advantage. The ability to meet financial and business targets will be just as important, as will a track record of supporting and empowering people to live more independently in their community. You should also be experienced at coaching, mentoring and building confidence with staff teams, Flexibility is essential, and ideally, you’ll also have a full driving license and access to a car. In return, we can offer generous benefits that include childcare vouchers, excellent training and the scope to progress your career with a sector leader.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive Learning and Development opportunities - we are Investors in People Silver accredited
- 33 days holiday plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including, bike to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive Pension and Life Assurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme and access to online Health and Wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work/life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts including Cinema, Groceries and Gym
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.