Mental Health Recovery Worker
At Turning Point, we support people across the UK with mental health issues. As a Recovery Worker, you’ll make a real difference to their lives as you work closely with them to help them achieve their potential. Turning Point has several well-established services within Nottingham.
Our new supported living service in Sherwood will support people who may have dual diagnoses, legal restrictions, a history of drug/and or alcohol use and complex support needs.
Passionate about people, you’ll enjoy the scope and support individuals to gain the skills to live independently. With an emphasis on key working, you’ll need to work flexibly to manage your own small caseload and help with the day to day running of the service.
The service operates 24/7 with rota consisting of day, evening and waking night shifts including alternate weekends.
Raising the bar for person–centred support, you’ll provide a range of recovery focused support through key working sessions. People’s lives will be truly changed by you as you enable and prepare them to gain new skills and help them find ways to promote their long term recovery.
As a Recovery Worker, you’ll work with individuals on their journey, devising individually tailored support and risk management plans. Ultimately, you’ll play a vital role in helping them to gain skills and coping strategies, all while encouraging positive change and independence.
The Ideal Candidate
A relevant qualification is desirable, although not essential. We are looking for some experience in the mental health sector, and that you will have a good understanding of the recovery model, together with a solution–focused attitude and a person–centred approach.
You’ll be equally comfortable getting things done on your own initiative and as part of a team, and have no problems working in a fast–paced environment and adapting to challenging situations. And of course, you’ll be the sort of person who enjoys talking to people with different needs, is genuinely interested in helping them, and possesses a deep level of empathy, understanding and patience.
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.