Mental Health Project Worker - Manchester Supported Housing
Raising the bar for person-centred care, you'll provide support and advice to our service users. People's lives will be truly changed by you as you support them to develop their independent living skills, manage their own mental and physical wellbeing, and engage positively in the community. Ultimately, you'll play a vital role in helping them to gain skills and coping strategies, all while encouraging positive change and independence.
Generally the hours of work would be between 9am-5pm Monday to Friday, but some flexibility may be needed depending on the needs of our service users.
Due to the nature of this role there is a significant amount of lone-working involved.
The role will primarily involve supporting individuals across 3 shared properties in the South Manchester area, delivering support based on the funding package in place for each individual.
As a project worker, you'll work with individuals from the point of their referral, conducting assessments, devising individually tailored support and risk management plans and ensuring effective discharge planning.
You will be responsible for arranging support with individuals and keeping them motivated throughout to achieve their goals, and this may include the need to think flexibly and creatively in order to support continued engagement with the service.
The Ideal Candidate
With experience in the mental health sector, it's essential that you have a good understanding of the recovery model, together with a solution-focused attitude and a person-centred approach. You'll be equally comfortable getting things done on your own initiative and as part of a team, and have no problems working in a fast-paced environment and adapting to challenging situations. Strong communication and IT skills will be key too. And of course, you'll be the sort of person who enjoys talking to people with different needs, is genuinely interested in helping them, and possesses a deep level of empathy, understanding and patience.
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.