Families Worker - Roads to Recovery
At Turning Point, we support people across the UK with substance misuse issues. As a Families Worker, you'll make a real difference to family members' and significant others' who are affected by the substance misuse and those close to them. You'll develop personal, flexible and realistic support packages that will improve outcomes for families involved in Children Social Care. Passionate about people, you'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you make the role your own as part of a friendly and multidisciplinary team.
Our Oxfordshire Roads to Recovery Service is an integrated Community Drug and Alcohol Service that provides extensive support across the county. Our Recovery Hubs are based in Oxford, Banbury, Witney, Didcot and we also deliver substantial community services across the County. Turning Point Oxfordshire is a highly performing service and we have been awarded ‘Outstanding’ rating by CQC.
We are looking for families workers to expand our successful multi-agency working within Oxfordshire Children Social Care as we move towards a Safeguarding Plus service delivery model. You will be responsible for developing strength-based recovery plans with families that are; comprehensive, family-centred and provide a wide range of solution focused interventions that deliver clear positive outcomes for families. Naturally, we also look for Families Workers with excellent communication skills and a professional qualification would be advantageous. We provide extensive training to develop your understanding / skills and will be willing to invest in the right candidates for the role.
The Ideal Candidate
You may have experience of the substance misuse sector or may have transferable skills and be looking for a change. Having handled a significant caseload in a busy environment, you'll have an understanding of substance misuse and the recovery agenda. Naturally, we look for our Families Workers to have excellent communication skills and an ability to be flexible and take on an extremely varied role.
We want to invest in you, train you and support you to secure a future with a sector leader. So, you'll need to be highly motivated with big ambitions and even bigger potential.
Ability to travel around Oxfordshire, including some rural setting would be advantageous with access to your own transport is preferred.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.