Dual Diagnosis Worker - SDAS - Yeovil & Somerset
Fixed Term Contract – Up to 24 Months
Please Note: A Full UK Driving License and access to a vehicle is an essential requirement.
At Turning Point, we support people across the UK with substance misuse issues. As a Dual Diagnosis Worker, you'll make a real difference to their lives as you develop the personal, flexible and realistic support packages they need to help turn things around. Passionate about people, you'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you make the role your own as part of a friendly and multidisciplinary team.
Running health facilities and services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our care - and our people. So, if you're ambitious and focused on substance misuse, progress a Recovery Worker career with real value.
The Dual Diagnosis worker will support people recovering from mental health issues and coexisting substance misuse needs through developing and maintaining links with local substance misuse services and providing direct case management support to people using the service.
- To promote integration and ensure service users with a dual diagnosis do not fall between the gaps of services.
- To build collaborative partnerships with Drug and Alcohol Recovery services enhancing care pathways for those with a dual diagnosis.
- Facilitate joint working arrangements to ensure that individuals with a dual diagnosis do not fall through the net of services, by identifying, monitoring and responding to the needs of this group.
- To monitor care pathways through regular attendance at case meetings, establishing joint working arrangements on a case by case basis, setting up shared support plans that will enable individuals to engage with the holistic support to achieve greater recovery.
- Identify, assess and coordinate the longer-term support needs of individuals with a dual diagnosis and other associated complex needs with the aim of facilitating improved outcomes for this client group.
- Ensure that service users have individually tailored exit plans and follow up plans for each individual according to their needs. This process will provide a safety net in case personal circumstances have deteriorated after support has ended.
- Coordinate staff training and development in relation to dual diagnosis to ensure that the team have the right skills and competencies.
Hours are Monday to Friday 9am-5pm, with approximately one late shift per monthly rota.
The Ideal Candidate
- Understanding of the challenges experienced by people with a dual diagnosis (Mental health/ drug and or alcohol use)
- Ability to work in a recovery orientated, person centred, non-judgemental manner
- Ability to provide calm, consistent support to those experiencing a mental health crisis
- Experience of working towards achieving individual and team objectives
- Good time management and able to work to deadlines
- Confident and effective communicator
- A good listener
- Understanding of the importance of professional boundaries working with vulnerable people
- Collaborative team working skills
- Adaptable and able to work in a challenging and changeable environment
- Proven track record in managing incidents of verbal and physical aggression
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation fromInvestors in People
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.