Bank Night Helpline Recovery Worker
At Turning Point, we support people across England with mental health issues. We make a real difference to their lives as we introduce them to the personal, flexible and realistic support they need to improve the quality of their lives in their communities. Passionate about people, you'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience, training and education you need to progress in your career with us.
The Nottinghamshire Crisis Access Line provides a listening ear and emotional support to a range of people within Nottinghamshire. The helpline supports children and young people, adults and their families who may be experiencing difficulties with managing their mental health, through personalised support, that explores coping mechanisms and provides information on accessible organisations and services within the local area. Professionals and other organisations are also able to contact the helpline for advice or information on working with people who may be struggling with their mental health.
The service is available 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Our team of dedicated Recovery Workers are on hand to provide confidential support, discuss emotional and practical issues someone might be facing, and explore strategies that may help an individual to cope with their situation.
So if you are someone who wants to make a difference in the lives of the people we support, this opportunity is perfect for you.
The night shifts are 11:00 pm-8:00 am.
As a helpline recovery worker, you will be a key member of our team, providing emotional support and a listening ear to a wide range of callers.
You will use your knowledge and skills to explore issues relating to mental health and other wider social issues and signpost callers to relevant organisations. You will support callers to utilise coping strategies and offer support and guidance on learning new skills that promote wellbeing. You will be experienced in supporting individuals through emotional distress and crisis situations.
As a helpline recovery worker, you will use your ability to think on your feet to help callers manage their distress and provide crisis support where needed.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who is able to use their knowledge and experience to support individuals with their mental health in a compassionate and recovery focused way. With a naturally ability to make people feel calm and listened to, our candidate uses their skills to help a wide range of callers.
Ideally our candidate has 1 years’ experience in the mental health sector and has a proven track record of supporting individuals in distress. Excellent communication skills are essential as well as a calm and professional attitude.
Our candidate is experienced in working with a wide range of other organisations from statutory to third sector. Our team works closely alongside the NHS Trust to provide enhanced support and get the best possible outcomes for our callers.
We are looking for an individual who is committed and shows a willingness to work a part of a team to deliver the best recovery focused care.
Our candidate will be working a mixture of shifts on a 24 hour rolling rota, including evenings, waking nights and weekends.
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £200 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.