Administrator - Croydon Recovery Network
Fixed Term Contract - Up to 12 Months
Part Time – 14 Hours Per Week / 2 Days Per Week
At Turning Point we provide services across the whole country which delivers end to end drug and alcohol treatment and support, family services, housing advice and support for those in contact with the criminal justice system, needle exchange system, and custody outreach. We are a specialist in delivering whole treatment system approaches across cities and county areas, which has led to the reduction in people falling through gaps between services and delivers improved outcomes.
At Turning Point, we support people across the UK with substance misuse issues. As an Administrator, you’ll make a real difference to their lives as you develop the personal, flexible and realistic support packages they need to help turn things around. Passionate about people, you’ll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you make the role your own as part of a friendly and multidisciplinary team.
You will be responsible for contributing to the overall success of the services objectives and maintain effective service delivery. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Generating accurate and timely prescriptions
- Booking medical appointments
- Minutes for the service, with an emphasis on clinical based governance
- Financial tasks such as purchasing, dealing with petty cash, and processing purchase orders.
- Database and Excel spreadsheets data entry
- Clinical room checks and item orders
- Supporting the wider team with general Administration and ad hoc tasks on a daily basis.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a confident communicator who can prioritise a varied workload and provide wide-ranging clinical administrative support – it is vital that you are able to achieve this without losing your methodical attention to detail and accuracy. Making sure everything runs smoothly will be at the heart of what you do.
We are looking for a dynamic, solution focused, problem solving individual with the ability to both follow work instructions and use own initiative. You will be expected to be able to work to set targets and deadlines that the service requires and adhere to policies and regulations. You will be able to manage your time effectively, while equally having the ability to adapt priorities and be flexible.
Working closely with our Clinical and Administration Team, you will deal with a large number of professionals every day; therefore it is important you have ability to thrive in a busy, challenging environment and can communicate in a positive and professional manner. People skills and ability to maintain confidentiality are crucial.
Calculating figures and attention to details is a must when collating, entering and monitoring various data onto our recording systems. You will have experience with databases and knowledge of Microsoft Applications, especially Excel, Word and Outlook. Demonstrating organizational and IT skills will be important and imperative.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation fromInvestors in People
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.