Young Persons Recovery Worker - SDAS
Fixed-Term-Contract - Up to 12 Months
Please Note: A Full UK Driving License and Access to a Vehicle is an Essential Requirement.
At Turning Point we provide services across the whole country which deliver end to end drug and alcohol treatment and support, family services, housing advice and support for those in contact with the criminal justice system, needle exchange services, and custody outreach. We are specialist in delivering whole treatment system approaches across counties, this has led to a reduction in people falling through gaps between services and has delivered improved outcomes.
Turning Point supports people across the UK with substance misuse issues and we are currently recruiting for a Young Persons Recovery Worker. You will join our integrated service which delivers treatment across Somerset. Our specialist Young Persons Team delivers substance misuse treatment to service under 18’s and young adults up to the age of 25 who want to make changes to their substance use.
Passionate about people, you'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you make the role your own as part of a friendly and multidisciplinary team.
You will support a caseload of Young People and Young Adults; undertaking assessments, developing person centred recovery plans and running evidence based substance misuse interventions in groups and on a 1:2:1 basis. You will deliver interventions both face to face and via telephone and video technology where appropriate.
Multi-agency working with partner agencies including Youth Offending Teams, Schools, Police, Children’s Homes and Social Services is an essential part of this role. You will spend your time out and about, working within an outreach approach. This work includes going into Schools and colleges across the borough providing presentations to groups and seeing young people wherever the need is identified.
The Ideal Candidate
Having handled a significant caseload in a busy environment as a Recovery Worker, Outreach Worker or similar, you'll have a deep understanding of substance misuse and the Recovery Agenda. It's an extremely varied role, so flexibility and knowledge of relapse and other barriers to recovery will be vital. Naturally, we also look for Engagement and Prevention workers with excellent communication skills and, ideally, a vocational qualification, such as an NVQ 3 or equivalent.
The ability to engage with young people and young adults is a fundamental skill required for this role.
The managing of recovery coordination sessions, compiling risk assessments and risk management plans, care planning and reduction plans are just some of the varied duties you will be providing. As well as delivering presentations and workshops on various topics.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £200 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.