Young Persons Recovery Worker – City & Hackney
At Turning Point, we are recognised leaders in helping people recover from addiction and gain control of their lives. By providing the right support at the right time, and making sure that people can find all the help they need, we have grown into one of the largest providers of substance misuse services in England and Wales. Right now, we are now looking for a talented Young Persons Recovery Worker to work within our community-based substance misuse services in the City of London and Hackney.
City and Hackney is a new fully integrated adult service delivered by Turning Point. The service is delivered in partnership with Mind CHWF and London Friend and there is a focus on partnership working throughout the service to support those in the local community who need assistance to achieve their goals. We will deliver treatment and support across the neighbourhoods ensuring a holistic and inclusive approach to recovery in this exciting new service.
As a Young Persons Recovery Worker focused on working with a caseload of Young Adults aged 18-25 years you’ll have the chance to make a real difference to the lives of the people we support who are experiencing difficulties from drugs and alcohol use, working with them to develop the personal, flexible and realistic support packages they need to help turn things around.
As a Young Persons’ Recovery Worker we offer a starting salary of £25k rising each year in line with our pay progression salary bands, rising to £27k per year + £3,633 ILW.
You will have opportunities to progress your career with a structured learning journey and clearly defined career pathways that will enable you to achieve your long term goals and work to your strengths.
Whether you are looking to progress into a management and leadership role or to be a specialist in your field as an Advanced Substance Misuse Practitioner at Turning point we will support and encourage you on your career journey.
Raising the bar for people-centred care, you’ll provide advice and information to service users. Of course, that means not only putting their wellbeing first, but providing an outstanding service for their families too. People's lives will be truly changed by you. So, we'll offer you the chance to thrive on a wide range of challenges, as you build relationships throughout every stage of their recovery. By working closely with healthcare professionals such as GPs and social services, your dedication will make a better future.
Working with a caseload of Young Adults aged 18-25 years, in close partnership with Young Hackney and other young adult services you will work flexibly in a variety of settings to create care and support plans that meet the needs of the service and clients in accordance with the recovery agenda but tailored to support the specific needs of Young Adults.
The Ideal Candidate
Having handled a significant caseload in a busy environment as a Recovery Worker or similar, you'll have a deep understanding of substance misuse and the Recovery Agenda. You will have the ability to deliver a variety of client interventions using a person centred approach. It's an extremely varied role, so flexibility, a track record of DANOS compliance and knowledge of relapse and other barriers to recovery will be vital. Naturally, we also look for Recovery Workers with excellent communication skills and, ideally, a vocational qualification, such as an NVQ 3 or equivalent. Excellent IT skills with knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook etc. are essential for this role.
The facilitation of workshops, managing of recovery coordination sessions, compiling risk assessments and risk management plans, care planning and reduction plans are just some of the varied duties you will be providing. Collaborative team working skills and being adaptable and resilient to work in a changing and challenging environment will be essential to being part of developing this exciting new service.
The ability to engage with young people and young adults is a fundamental skill required for this role.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.