Wellbeing Recovery Worker - DAWS
Fixed Term Contract - Up to 12 Months
Supporting and engaging residents affected by substance misuse across Westminster and Kensington & Chelsea is a vitally important part of Turning Point’s work. By listening to their needs, creating personalised solutions and looking beyond their health requirements to wider issues such as employment, we are making a real difference to individuals and the communities they belong to. So isn’t it time you joined us?
We are now looking for Wellbeing Recovery workers to support residents, their families and the community around the issues caused by substance misuse. The challenges are substantial. For a start, you will develop flexible and realistic support packages and give practical advice and information to service users, their families and friends, and professionals regarding that support. This will include conducting clinical risk and needs assessments, and working collaboratively with social services, GPs and a vast range of community partners to ensure the delivery of effective and recovery focused services. You will also write reports, maintain accurate records and actively promote the rights and responsibilities of service users.
What’s more, you will help improve the resilience, health outcomes, employment prospects and opportunities for service users. We will rely on you to build a network of referral and treatment pathways, liaising with statutory and non-statutory services to provide each client a personalised SMART care plan. Another important task will be to guide external agencies on relevant legislation and trends to maximise recovery capital for each of your clients.
The Ideal Candidate
This vital role calls for experience in substance misuse and working within integrated, community settings, preferably in a busy urban setting. You will certainly know how to deliver a range of services, treatments and interventions in a person-centred way. This must be supported by strong knowledge of how to identify and support clients through risk, dual diagnosis, safe guarding and child protection issues. You will also need a good understanding of the recovery agenda and of combining medical and psycho-social support tools for maximum effect. Add to all these strengths excellent written and spoken communication skills, and you will quickly make your mark as part of our team.
Ready to make more of your expertise with one of the UK’s leading health and social care providers? Then take the first step and apply.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.