Wellbeing Nurse - Suffolk Recovery Network
Fixed Term Contract – Up to 12 Months
Turning Point is a leading Social Enterprise which supports people with a wide range of complex needs across Learning Disabilities, Mental Health, Substance Misuse and Public Health. We are currently recruiting for a Registered Nurse (RGN) or Mental Health Nurse (RMN) to work in our substance misuse service (IMPACT) as a Wellbeing Nurse, where you’ll have the chance to make a real difference to the lives of the people we support who are experiencing difficulties from drugs and alcohol usage.
Passionate about people, you’ll enjoy the opportunity and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress in your nursing career within a social enterprise. So if you’re ambitious and ready for a fresh challenge with a sector leader then this could be the opportunity for you.
Running health and social care services as a social enterprise, we invest every penny back into our care – and our people. So, if you’re ambitious and ready for a fresh challenge, progress your career with a sector leader.
You will undertake a diverse role including running well-being clinics in the community including full healthcare assessments, Blood Borne Virus screening and vaccination, supporting the management of alcohol and opiate community detoxifications and other harm reduction and well-being interventions.
You will have a real opportunity to help shape service delivery and contribute to delivering clinically excellent services.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need to be a qualified nurse registered with the Nursing & Midwifery Council. As an employee you will have access to RCNi to assist with revalidation, indemnity insurance and support and supervision from the nurse manager and clinical lead.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive sufficient applicants before the advertised closed date.
“Legislation recently introduced, which will come into force on 1 April 2022 means that for our services that conduct “Regulated Activity” as defined by the CQC, require us to ensure that any applicant is able to evidence at least one COVID-19 vaccination with a planned date scheduled for the second vaccination to take place by 1st April 2022 – therefore all offers will be made subject to candidates providing satisfactory evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status (or relevant exemption). Details of what will amount to satisfactory evidence can be provided upon request”