Wellbeing Coordinator - Total Wellbeing Luton
Total Wellbeing Luton is aservice providing an innovative approach which aims to support both the emotional and physical health needs of people across Luton. The service brings together a range of evidence-based interventions aimed at addressing emotional health concerns early whilst encouraging and enabling the adoption of healthier lifestyles, including; stopping smoking, weight management, increasing physically active, managing and reducing the impact of long-term conditions.
We are currently looking for a Wellbeing Coordinator to join our team who can be the first point of contact for service users, stakeholders and partners.
This is an exciting new role which will work in a challenging but rewarding environment which will include:
- Helping to guide new service users through their first steps into the service providing information regarding our various programmes
- Being the first point of contact for anyone contacting Total Wellbeing Luton
- Completing a holistic Health and Wellbeing assessment for all people who want to join a Total Wellbeing service
- Helping to support an integrated approach to physical and emotional wellbeing by connecting and working with colleagues across Healthy Lifestyle and Talking Therapies interventions across Total Wellbeing.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role you will need to have:
- Experience within a support/admin role ideally within health and wellbeing
- Have experience in dealing with service users both via telephone and face to face
- Be proactive and be able to prioritise key tasks
- The ability to work comfortably in a team and work together to achieve key outcomes
- Be confident in using a variety of databases and be able to comfortably navigate these simultaneously
- Have excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
We are a Monday to Friday service from 8am to 8pm and Saturday 9am to 4pm. The successful candidate would be required to be flexible and work on a shift rota basis of 37 hours per week to meet the needs of the service.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics