Weekend Domestic Cleaner - Birchwood
At Turning Point, it’s our job to help people find a new direction in life. Our Domestic Team is fundamental to that, providing a range of important resources that support everything we do. As a Domestic Cleaner, you’ll have a big role to play at Birchwood. You will provide a professional cleaning service to Nursing Home standards in a friendly and supportive environment.
This post is part time 8 hours a week covering 4 hours on a Saturday and 4 hours on a Sunday. We understand that lives can be extremely busy; therefore, hours are flexible and open to negotiation subject to the running of the unit.
You’ll need a good understanding of the kind of work we do, which will include COSHH regulations and infection control requirements. You will be expected to carry out both reactive and scheduled cleaning duties while maintaining respect for the individuals we support.
The Ideal Candidate
It is desirable that you would have worked in a similar role before, but is not essential. It’s also important that you can manage your own workload as much of your time spent will be following cleaning schedules.
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
Following new legislation affecting all CQC registered care homes, all offers will be made subject to candidates providing satisfactory evidence of COVID-19 vaccination status (or relevant exemption). Details of what will amount to satisfactory evidence can be provided upon request.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.