Universal Education Facilitator - Suffolk Recovery Network
At Turning Point, we support people across the UK with substance misuse issues.
As an Universal Education Facilitator you will be instrumental in the creation, development and delivery of universal drug and alcohol sessions for children, young people and young adults across a number of different community settings throughout Suffolk.
We are looking for a skilled individual to join our well regarded and busy countywide Youth team. This role is Full time and covers Suffolk.
- You will work with the under 25s team to produce dynamic, engaging and exciting sessions to teach people about drugs and alcohol.
- You will deliver sessions across a number of settings such as schools, PRUs, alternative education settings, children’s homes, colleges and supported housing.
- You will be responsible for making sure the sessions are age appropriate for a wide range of ages – from primary to university age young people.
- You will look at how you can make sure this important message is accessable to minority groups and those who have English as a second language.
- You will deliver sessions to large groups of young people in a number of different settings
- You will build a dynamic offer of education sessions which you can broker to partner agencies
- You will build partnership links with education providers across the county
- You will build partnership links with other youth provision
- You will be responsible for managing your own diary to make sure that as many young people across Suffolk are able to access universal education
- You will work alongside partner agencies to make sure the sessions fit within the wider PSHE offer
- You will promote the specialist work of the under 25s service
- You will need to develop ways of collecting data about the sessions and present that to management
The Ideal Candidate
Substance misuse experience is an advantage but youth work experience is vital as you have to be able to engage young people who can be resistant to engagement. You will need to be able to deliver sessions to large groups of people and hold their engagement so that they get the best out of each session delivered. You will need to be confident to deal with young people who can sometimes be challenging.
If you have experience in teaching this role coule be a new and exciting opportunity
You will need to feel confident to talk to professionals, teachers, social workers and may others to explain our offer and broker the universal offer to as many stakeholders as possible
You will need to know how to plan a session and create session content.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive sufficient applicants before the advertised closed date.