Team Manager - Hillcrest
At Turning Point, we support people across England with learning disabilities. Making a real difference to their lives, you'll motivate, manage and grow a team of support staff to enable more people to discover new possibilities in their lives.
We now have an opportunity for a Team Manager in Carlisle, supporting adults with Learning Disabilities. As the Team Manager you will have management responsibility of one of our supported living facilities in the area- Hillcrest. As one of our management team, you'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you benefit from an exceptional level of internal and external training as well as a highly supportive management team.
Building on your experience of working with people with learning disabilities, you'll set, maintain and develop standards as part of our service. As manager, your focus will always be on ensuring the delivery of consistently high quality services - all within a challenging, but very rewarding environment. In this varied Team Manager role, you'll also carry out risk assessments, implement care plans, support with rota management, supervisions and chairing meetings. The successful candidate will have strong solution focused organisational skills, sound working knowledge of regulatory requirements with the ability to work alongside our transformation team preparing for inspection readiness.
The Ideal Candidate
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
- Experience within a Social Care Manager role
- The ability to meet financial and business targets
- A track record of supporting and empowering people to live more independently in their community
- Flexibility is essential, and ideally, you'll also have a full driving license and access to a car
- Experience of working with individuals with autism, learning disabilities and communication difficulties is essential
- Experience of complex physical and health needs is essential
- Knowledge and understanding of the Positive Behaviour Support process is desirable
- Understanding of Makaton, objects of reference, communication passports is desirable
- Willing to work towards NVQ level 4/5 qualification
- You must be fully flexible as this role will involve out of hours checks supporting/coaching staff and the possible need to backfill when short of staff.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work.
We understand reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our Total Reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, so we can invest in your future – we have a silver accreditation from Investors in People
- Access to Blue Light Card discounts as well as exclusive discounts to Turning Point employees, on mobile phones, gym memberships, shopping and much more
- Flexible working solutions so we can support your work-life balance
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays and spread the cost
- Access to free financial education, counselling, occupational health, and advice services – some of which your family can use too – to support your total wellbeing
- A mileage claim scheme
- Free life cover of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension scheme to support your savings and security
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication
- Flexible benefit options including Cycle to Work schemes and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics