Team Manager - Garlinge/Broadstairs
At Turning Point, we support people across England with learning disabilities. Making a real difference to their lives, you'll motivate, manage and grow a team of support staff to enable more people to discover new possibilities in their lives.
We now have an opportunity for Team Manager to work across two of our service in Thanet, located in Garlinge and Broadstairs, supporting adults with Learning Disabilities. As the Team Manager you will have management responsibility for both teams within these services. As one of our management team, you'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you benefit from an exceptional level of internal and external training as well as a highly supportive management team.
Our services are 24-hour supported living facilities, providing support for adults with Learning Disabilities. We tailor our support to enable people to be as independent as possible.
Within these locations, we support individuals with learning and physical disabilities to live within their own purpose-built flats. Support Workers are linked to work with a specific person based on shared preferences and personalities creating a bespoke core team of staff.
People that we support here have a mixture of communication, mobility and health needs and this would be described as a busy and active environment.
Please note you must have experience in leading a team to be considered for this role.
A full, clean, UK driving license is required for this position, due to the need to travel between services and area office.
Building on your experience of working with people with learning disabilities, you'll set, maintain and develop standards as part of our service. As manager, your focus will always be on ensuring the delivery of consistently high quality services - all within a challenging, but very rewarding environment. In this varied Team Manager role, you'll also carry out risk assessments, implement care plans and provide operational management.
The Ideal Candidate
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
- The ability to meet financial and business targets
- A track record of supporting and empowering people to live more independently in their community
- Flexibility is essential, and ideally, you'll also have a full driving license and access to a car
- Experience of working with individuals with autism, learning disabilities and communication difficulties is essential
- Experience of complex physical and health needs is essential
- Knowledge and understanding of the Positive Behaviour Support process is desirable
- The ability to communicate effectively to a range of audiences
- Willing to work towards NVQ level 4/5 qualification
- You must be fully flexible as this role will involve out of hours checks supporting/coaching staff and the possible need to backfill when short of staff.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!