Team Leader - Wakefield Inspiring Recovery
Turning Point is a leading Social Enterprise which supports people with a wide range of complex needs across Learning Disabilities, Mental Health, Substance Misuse and Public Health. We are currently recruiting for a health care professional to work in our Wakefield Inspiring Integrated Substance Misuse Service as a Team leader where you’ll have the chance to make a real difference to the lives of the people we support who are experiencing difficulties from drugs and alcohol usage.
Passionate about people, you’ll enjoy the opportunity and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress in your career within a social enterprise. So if you’re ambitious and ready for a fresh challenge with a sector leader then this could be the opportunity for you.
Running health and social care services as a social enterprise, we invest every penny back into our care – and our people. So, if you’re ambitious and ready for a fresh challenge, progress your career with a sector leader.
To lead and develop the team to deliver high quality person centred services as directed by the Service Manager in line with Business Plan. To work as a key member of the team in delivering the Service. To ensure Turning Point’s vision and values are embedded in the team. To ensure all statutory requirements of the service specification are met.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven track record in relevant area
- In depth knowledge of relevant theory and practice
- Experience of supervising a team
- Experience of working towards achieving individual and team objectives
- Numeracy, literacy and IT skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills, and ability to adapt communication to suit the audience, e.g. service users, commissioners or staff
- Good time management and able to work to deadlines
- A participative leadership and management style in normal circumstances
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the complex and multiple needs faced by the service user group
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the Valuing People framework
- A demonstrable belief in a values-led approach to working with service users with a Substance Misuse issue.
- Demonstrable track record that is DANOS compliant
- Knowledge and experience of developing, implementing and reviewing substance misuse-related interventions, i.e. group work programmes
- A sound working knowledge of current legislation (e.g. Models of Care) and the ability to translate this into practice
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.