Senior Support Worker - Milton Keynes and Nene & Corby
Do you have a caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people’s lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no two days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
Are you currently a Support Worker looking to move up in to management?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would LOVE to hear from you.
What will I be doing?
At Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities and Mental Health needs across England.
As a Senior Support Worker, you will make a real difference to residents' lives as you improve their daily living skills. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
Where will I be working?
You will be working across 4 of our Learning Disability services in Milton Keynes and Nene & Corby. We provide 24 hour supported living facilities for adults with Learning Disabilities, Mental Health and additional health issues.
We endeavour to create positive family relationships offering a good circle of support. There is a strong focus on supporting individuals' lives in a person centred way which includes various activities, shopping, managing own budgets and cooking. We tailor our services to enable people to be as independent as possible.
The role will be split 60% Support Worker duties on rota and 40% Senior admin duties.
This is a 24 hour service, therefore flexibility is essential. You will be working a range of shifts from 7:00am to 2:00/3:00pm and 2:00/3:00 pm to 9:00/10:00pm, sleep ins or waking nights, some weekends.
Please note that the shifts may vary.
The role of the Senior Support Worker is to support the management team in supporting the supervision of the Support Worker team in their day to day activities and that new staff are inducted to their roles, including temporary and agency staff.
Taking the responsibility of running the shift as the senior person on duty, supporting people to take their medication, monitoring and recording medication, dealing with individuals’ finances and petty cash, ensuring we are working to compliance and following the organization’s policies and procedures. Senior Support Workers will model their own good practice within the team to ensure a high quality service is provided. It’s a hands-on job so you will also be supporting people with a full range of daily activities, including supporting people with personal care.
The Ideal Candidate
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
You will have to have Support Work experience, ideally within a Learning Disability or Mental Health setting.
You will also be:
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling
- It would be an advantage if you can use a computer, produce documents in word and use emails
What benefits will I receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics