Team Leader - Barton-Le-Clay- Internal Applicants Only
At Turning Point, we support people with learning disabilities across England. As a Team Leader, you'll make a real difference to the lives of the people we support as you provide high quality services that support each of our service users to achieve their full potential. Passionate about people, you'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you make the role your own and lead by example
Our Franklin Avenue service in Bedfordshire, is a 24 hour, residential services, where we support 6 individuals with profound disabilities and complex needs to live independently. People that we support here have a mixture of communication, mobility and health need. We tailor our services to enable people to be as independent as possible.
We endeavor to create positive family relationships offering a good circle of support. There is a strong focus on supporting individuals’ lives in a person centered way which includes various activities, shopping, managing own budgets and cooking. Raising the bar for person-centered care, you'll provide support, which means not only putting their well-being first, but building and maintaining relationships with their families and friends.
You and your team will develop flexible and realistic support plans and risk assessments with the individuals you support and in collaboration with family members and other professionals, ensuring that the support plans reflect each person's needs, goals and aspirations. Part of the role will include reviewing support plans and risk assessments, liaising with health professionals, chairing a variety of meetings, completing Mental Capacity Assessments, holding Best Interest meetings and completing DoLS applications.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for Team Leaders who can quickly adapt within busy and changeable environments. Not only will you need the ability to lead a team of Support Workers on a shift, allocate work and delegate tasks, you will be expected to directly line manage a team of support staff. This will include managing and overseeing the rota, sickness, supervisions and appraisals, managing performance issues, coaching and mentoring. We expect our Team Leaders to bring the strong communication skills needed to tailor their message to a variety of audiences. The role will be working 80% on rota which will require flexible working and 20% off rota for admin duties.
You should be a team player with some experience gained in the care sector - preferably a working knowledge of supporting individuals who have a learning disabilities, Physical disabilities and health issues.
We will offer a varied and interesting training and development package to develop you as a line manager and support you in the role.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
1) 'My Turning Point' bespoke Reward Discount Scheme sharing a range of online range of offers and discounts including shopping vouchers, discounts on gas and electric bills, gym scheme discounts, up to 55% off the cost of cinema tickets and much more!!
2) You may also benefit from our Childcare Voucher scheme, our bike to work scheme, season ticket loans and much more!
3) Receive a GBP 200 bonus for recommending a friend to work for us if they're employed
4) Inspired by Possibility Employee of the Year scheme - in recognition of your excellence
5) Life assurance scheme for all team members and enhanced contributory Pension scheme
6) Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with a 24/7 helpline for advice - also available to family members
7) Online Right Steps Health & Wellbeing Support package to all our team members. Information and evidence based support you can trust about low mood and anxiety, drugs and alcohol, healthy eating, stress at work and physical activity
8) Competitive rates of pay with annual Pay Reviews
9) Annual Holiday allowance - Buy and sell annual leave options to suit your lifestyle
10) Flexible working patterns to support work/home life balance
11) Excellent training opportunities leading to career development - ongoing access to a huge range of training and support to help you develop. We provide a thorough induction and training program when you join us. In addition to regular 1-2-1's and annual appraisals, we'll help you develop and progress your career.
Running health facilities and services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our services - and our people. So, if you're ambitious and committed to improving the lives of people with learning disabilities, this is a real opportunity to progress your career.