Talking Therapies Service Manager - Wakefield Talking Therapies
We have an exciting opportunity to join Turning Point and be part of our highly successful and innovative ‘Improving Access to Psychological Therapies’ (IAPT) service. At Wakefield Talking Therapies we specialise in evidence–based psychological therapies and we are currently looking to recruit a Service Manager to join and operationally lead the team.
We are currently looking for a Service Manager for our Talking Therapies Team. The service was initially established in 2009 and is entering into a new contract from October 2022. The suitable candidate will want to make a real difference to client’s lives as you oversee the operational delivery of the service that helps them overcome a range of anxiety and depression related problems. Passionate about people, you’ll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and development you need to progress in your career with us.
Based in Wakefield we will be looking for a successful candidate to continue to oversee the development and delivery of the Talking Therapies service. Working closely alongside the Clinical Lead you will ensure full compliance within a stepped care model in line with IAPT, BABCP and BACP requirements. Alongside this, you will be tasked with compliance and closely monitoring targets and data reporting to ensure that all our targets are met and maintained in line with contractual and national requirements.
With regards to the people, you will work with, you’ll lead a highly supportive team, work alongside the Clinical Lead to ensure evidence-based interventions are delivered, work alongside the National IAPT and Community Services Operations Manager to deliver the service within budget and effectively manage this and ultimately recruit and retain an IAPT compliant workforce.
The Ideal Candidate
You will ideally already have experience of working in an IAPT or mental health service. You should also have experience of supervising and managing a large staff team. It’s essential that you have a track record of meeting targets and managing your own workload. In addition, you will also have experience of contract management, commissioner liaison and partnership working besides the ability to effectively manage a large budget.
Service compliance at all levels will be essential and with high standards of communication, you’ll also be able to develop good relationships and meet IAPT targets. And of course, you’ll love talking to people with different needs, be genuinely interested in helping them, and possess a deep level of empathy, understanding and patience.
The interviews for this post will take place on the afternoon of Thursday 18th August. If you wish to discuss this post, find out more about the role or service please call Deana Kirkby, IAPT National Operations Manager on 07739 206101.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 33 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 35 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive sufficient applicants before the advertised closed date.