Supported Living Manager - Milton Keynes and Northamptonshire
At Turning Point, we support people across England with learning disabilities. Making a real difference to their lives, you’ll motivate, manage and grow a team of support staff to enable more people to discover new possibilities in their lives.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Team Manager to oversee the support we provide in Milton Keynes and Northamptonshire. This role involves managing the support eleven individuals various locations. The Supported Living service supports individuals with a variety of support needs including autism, behaviour that can challenge and complex mental health needs, they all either live in their own homes or with families. Many of the people we support have complex histories and experience of working with individuals with these needs is essential.
As one of our management team, you’ll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you benefit from an exceptional level of internal and external training as well as a highly supportive management team.
Building on your experience of working with people with learning disabilities and mental health, you’ll set, maintain and develop standards as part of our supported living services for adults with learning disabilities including mental health. As the manager, your focus will always be on ensuring the delivery of consistently high quality services – all within a challenging, but very rewarding environment. In this varied Supported Living Manager role, you’ll also carry out risk assessments, quality audits, and implement support plans and handle some operational management.
Management experience and a background of working in supporting living setting will be a real advantage. The ability to meet financial and business targets will be just as important, as will a track record of supporting and empowering people to live more independently in their community. Flexibility is essential, and ideally, you’ll also have a full driving license and access to a car as you are required to visit the people we support. In return, we can offer generous benefits that include childcare vouchers, excellent training and the scope to progress your career with a sector leader.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous Management experience within the Learning Disability sector, preferably also working with individuals who have complex health and mental health issues
- Sound knowledge of CQC and experience of managing services which are governed by these regulations.
- Experience in managing change/transformation within services
- Experience of re-developing/improving services
- Management experience of multiple properties
- Sound understanding of supported living and how individuals with complex needs can be supported within this model
- Experience of being accountable for substantial budgets and how to ensure they remain within required parameters
- Knowledge and experience of managing staff teams, developing talent and managing performance issues
- Personal qualities to be able to motivate staff members, develop leadership and delegate skills
- Positive communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability and experience of working alongside Commissioners, Stakeholders, Regulators and other parties who are involved with a service
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive Learning and Development opportunities - we are Investors in People Silver accredited
- 28 days holiday, increasing with each year of service until 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including, bike to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive Pension and Life Assurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme and access to online Health and Wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work/life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts including Cinema, Groceries and Gym.