Travel expenses paid monthly at 45p per mile.
Are you looking for a rewarding job, making a real difference to people's lives and supporting them to achieve their goals? Are you looking for flexible hours? Can you see yourself providing support to adults and help to improve their independent living skills and lead a meaningful and active life.
If you have answered YES to any of these questions, we would love to hear from you.
Before going through the pain of completing an application form, why not give Mike a call on 07971 717347 for an informal chat? If it feels right, he will arrange an interview for you and then we’ll take it from there.
If you want to know more, read on
As a Support Worker, you will make a real difference to people’s lives. You may also make a positive difference to your own life. We are passionate about people including our staff. You will receive bespoke training and development opportunities. 100% of our management team in Northumberland began their career with Turning Point as a support worker. We realise though that not everyone wants to climb the ladder which is perfect too - many of our staff have remained happy in a support worker roll for over 15 years.
What will I be doing?
You will be allocated a caseload of people who you work with on a consistent basis. You will encourage the people we support to live life to their full potential and remain as independent as possible in their own home.
Where will I be working?
Our outreach service is based in the historic town of Morpeth and the surrounding areas. The people we support live in their own homes and have Person-Centred support packages to meet their individual goals and needs. It would be beneficial if you have access to your own car, however it is not essential as Morpeth has good public transport links.
We predominately support people between 8:00 - 17:00, 7 days per week. Our working patterns can be flexible to meet your preferences where possible. For example, if you have other commitments like seeing to the children, elderly parents or walking the dog, shift patterns can be split to work around you. A good work / life balance is important to us all and therefore we do require people to take their share of working weekends. We have short days, long days and split shifts. Our rota is published at least 2 weeks ahead so you can plan your life too!
We can offer a variety of employment contracts ranging from zero to 37 hours.
The Ideal Candidate
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
Whilst knowledge of learning disabilities and or autism may be beneficial, it is not essential. We have great mentors with a wealth of experience to support and guide you.
What is essential is that you are prepared to mirror our vision and values.
Our vision and values are the heart of Turning Point; they are the essence of who we are, what we do and why we are here.
Our Vision to constantly find new ways to support more people to discover new possibilities in their lives The quality of our services means everything to us. The people we work with inspire us and in turn we look for new ways to inspire change. We owe it to the people we work with to grow and shape the future, because we believe in what we do.
We believe that everyone has the potential to grow, learn and make choices.
We all communicate in an authentic and confident way that blends support and challenge.
We are here to embrace change even when it is complex and uncomfortable.
We treat each other and those we support as individuals however difficult and challenging.
We deliver better outcomes by encouraging ideas and new thinking.
We commit to building a strong and financially viable Turning Point together.
What benefits will I receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!