Support Worker - Whittlesey - Peterborough
Do you have a caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people's lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no 2 days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions, we would love to hear from you.
At Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities across England.
As a Support Worker, you will make a real difference to residents' lives as you improve their daily living skills. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
Where will I be working?
You will be supporting 2 individuals in a village just outside Peterborough in Whittlesey.
People we support are all with Learning Disabilities, Autism, complex needs, health needs and physical disabilities. We also have those with dual diagnosis, so they have a learning disability with a mental health diagnosis.
We endeavor to create positive family relationships offering a good circle of support. There is a strong focus on supporting individuals' lives in a person-centred way which includes various activities, shopping, managing own budgets and cooking. We tailor our services to enable people to be as independent as possible.
The Ideal Candidate
Whilst knowledge of learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn't essential. What is essential is that you are:
- passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- a great team player with lots of energy
- able to demonstrate good communication skills
- able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling where needed
- transferable experience of helping people to manage anxiety
Shifts - 7:00 - earliest start, - 9:00 - latest finish.
We take pride in the services that we provide. There is one vision that everyone at Turning Point shares, which is held together by our values. These include believing in potential, communicating in a confident way, embracing change and treating each other as individuals.
Running services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our services - and, our people. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support people with Learning Disabilities to live fulfilling lives - here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job: we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus, the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone-based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!