Support Worker - Tameside
AN EXCITING NEW OPPORTUNITY FOR SUPPORT WORKERS IN TAMESIDE!
Turning Point are about to begin providing support to a number of individuals with Learning Disabilities, and complex health needs across the Tameside area. We are now recruiting for permanent and bank staff to add to the dedicated team of support workers across these locations.
Everything we do is aimed at providing the very best quality and person-centred support in the right location at the right time, making a real difference for the people and communities we support.
. Where will I be working?
You will be working at one of our 10 supported living locations in Tameside, across the Droylsden, Audenshaw or Denton area. We offer 24-hour support to people with PLMD (profound multiple learning disabilities), autism, learning disabilities, brain injuries, and mental health issues.
We focus on building positive family relationships, offering a strong circle of support. Our primary focus is to support individuals' lives in a person-centered way, including a range of activities from shopping to managing budgets to cooking. We tailor our services to enable people to be as independent as possible.
The level of care required will vary across our services. Some of the individuals we support are quite independent and just need assistance with daily activities; others require more assistance with personal care, medication, mobility and behaviours as well as these daily tasks.
We provide 24 hour support - so flexibility is essential. You will be working a range of shifts from 7am - 2/3pm and 2/3pm - 9/10pm, and also some sleep-ins or waking nights and some weekends.
Please note that working hours may vary in accordance with the needs of the individuals we support.
This is a hands-on job in which no two days are the same. Your duties will include:
- Promoting the independence of people we support
- Supporting a full range of daily activities including cleaning and cooking, days out or going away on holiday
- Arranging activities in the home and in the local community
- Developing residents' life skills and personal interests
- Helping residents stay safe and healthy
- Assisting with personal care needs
- Manual handling
- Supporting people with medication
- Ensuring record keeping is maintained to the required standard at all times and contributing to service monitoring requirements
The Ideal Candidate
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
Whilst knowledge of learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn't essential. What is essential is that you are:
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling where needed
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive Learning and Development opportunities - we are Investors in People Silver accredited
- 28 days holiday, increasing with each year of service until 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including, bike to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive Pension and Life Assurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme and access to online Health and Well being support
- Flexible working patterns to support work/life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts including Cinema, Groceries and Gym.