Support Worker - Sybden
Do you have a caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people's lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no two days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would love to hear from you.
At Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities across England.
As a Support Worker, you will make a real difference to residents' lives as you improve their daily living skills. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
Where will I be working?
Welcome to Sybden. We are a 24-hour residential care home providing care for people with Learning Disabilities for almost 20 years.
We accommodate up to six people with mild to severe Learning Disabilities. We tailor our services to enable people to be as independent as possible.
This is a 24 hour service, therefore flexibility is essential. You will be working a range of shifts from 2:00/3:00pm to 9:00/10:00pm, sleep ins or waking nights, some weekends.
Please note that working hours may vary from service to service.
Average potential earnings are £22,770 based on 37 hours.
*Potential average earnings are a culmination of colleagues working additional shifts and where applicable sleep ins**
** sleep ins are not required in all services
***not all colleagues will work overtime and therefore potential earnings will differ
What will I be doing?
This is a hands-on job in which no two days are the same. Your duties will include:
- Promoting the independence of people we support
- Supporting a full range of daily activities including cleaning and cooking, days out or going away on holiday
- Arranging activities in the home and in the local community
- Developing residents' life skills and personal interests
- Helping residents stay safe and healthy
- Assisting with personal care needs
- Manual handling
- Supporting people with medication
- Ensuring record keeping is maintained to the required standard at all times and contributing to service monitoring requirements
The Ideal Candidate
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
Whilst knowledge of learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn't essential. What is essential is that you are:
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling where needed
Following new legislation affecting all CQC registered care homes, all offers will be made subject to candidates providing satisfactory evidence of COVID-19 vaccination status (or relevant exemption). Details of what will amount to satisfactory evidence can be provided upon request.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics