Support Worker - Salisbury
Do you have a caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people's lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no two days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would love to hear from you.
At Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities across England.
As a Support Worker, you will make a real difference to residents' lives as you improve their daily living skills. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
Where will I be working?
You will be working at our residential service where we support 8 individuals with Learning Disabilities. Our care services are about people's whole lives and therefore we make them human and personal. The culture is crucial and staff are its heart and model its values. Our homes manage risk, regulation and paperwork in an adult way and focus on relationships and people.
Our homes are a community of people with strong social networks. The homes are lived in with the individuals having control over their own space.
The homes are engaged with the community, and have good relationships with the local health community - GPs, hospital, nurses, consultants. Our homes find solutions with the person at the centre and work in partnership with key individuals.
Relatives are confident in the values of our care homes they are able to challenge when needed and to thank.
Families understand that staff are people too and have their own relationships with the people they support.
Our homes are part of a "whole" system with commissioners and regulators trusting and engaging in a supportive and appreciative way.
This is a 24 hour service, therefore flexibility is essential. You will be working a range of shifts from 7:00/8:00 am to 2:00/ 3:00pm and 2:00/3:00 pm to 9:00/ 10:00pm, night time sleep-ins and some weekends.
Please note that working hours may vary from service to service.
What will I be doing?
This is a hands-on job in which no two days are the same. Your duties will include:
- Promoting the independence of people we support
- Supporting a full range of daily activities including cleaning and cooking, days out or going away on holiday
- Arranging activities in the home and in the local community
- Developing residents' life skills and personal interests
- Helping residents stay safe and healthy
- Assisting with personal care needs
- Manual handling
- Supporting people with medication
- Ensuring record keeping is maintained to the required standard at all times and contributing to service monitoring requirements
The Ideal Candidate
What are we looking for?
People who have a genuine concern for others and want to listen and empower vulnerable people, empathy is vital. We are looking for staff who are conscientious and dependable, people willing to carry out tasks to the best of their ability. We are looking for individuals who are organised and able to respond to the unexpected, people who are calm but responsive whatever the situation.
A staff member must be determined to make a positive difference to someone's life. We are looking for someone who has a good sense of humour, excellent communication skills, a responsible and flexible attitude, a commitment to the job, and the ability to think quickly and problem solve.
Following new legislation affecting all CQC registered care homes, all offers will be made subject to candidates providing satisfactory evidence of COVID-19 vaccination status (or relevant exemption). Details of what will amount to satisfactory evidence can be provided upon request.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work.
We understand reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our Total Reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics