Night Support Worker - Queensbury - Bradford
Do you have a caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people's lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no two days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would love to hear from you!
Turning Point takes pride in the services we provide. There is one vision that everyone shares at Turning Point, which is held together by our values. These include believing in potential, communicating in a confident way, embracing change and treating each other as individuals.
We run our services on a not-for-profit basis. We invest every penny back into our services - and, our people. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to supporting people with learning disabilities to live fulfilling lives, Turning Point is for you.
About the people you will be supporting:
We are a group of 3 people with learning disabilities who have lived together for a number of years. We enjoy spending time together but also have individual interests, to which we need support to be able to take part in. We have room for 1 more individual to live with us when we find people that have similar interests and support needs that would like to move in.
Training and Development
We offer training to all those who want to develop their skills and competencies not just in the care sector but in other areas too.
- Level 2 and 3 Lead Adult Care Worker
- Level 3 Operational Team Leader
Please note training will be offered after your probation period ends which is 6 months. Once you begin your training with us you will have your own coach who will support you through your programme.
Shift Patterns may look like this:
The people we support require us to help them over 24 hours and 7 days per week period, therefore flexibility is essential. We have a wide range of shifts including mornings, afternoons, nights and weekends. An example of what the shift patterns may look like, Earlies – 07:30 am to 3:00 pm Mid – 13:00 pm to 20:30 pm / 07:30 am to 8:00 pm Nights – 19:30 pm to 08:00 am.
Please note that working hours may vary depending on the needs of the individuals.
Average potential earnings are £21,855 based on 37 hours.
*Potential average earnings are a culmination of colleagues working additional shifts and where applicable sleep ins**
** sleep ins are not required in all services
***not all colleagues will work overtime and therefore potential earnings will differ
Daily support we need from you:
- Assisting with our personal care needs
- To prepare food for us or with our involvement when we want
- Support us with our food and drinks
- Manual handling
- Supporting us with medication including creams and lotions
- Ensuring our record keeping is maintained to the highest standard, this will include finance records as these will be audited
- Help us to manage our money safely
- To help us keep our home clean and tidy
- Ensuring our health and safety is maintained
The Ideal Candidate
Whilst knowledge of our learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it is not essential; what is essential is that you are:
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills, including understanding non-verbal communication
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling where needed
- Transferable experience of helping people to manage anxiety
If this describes you we would love to hear from you.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!