Support Worker - Masons Road
Do you have a caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people's lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no two days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would love to hear from you.
At Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities across England.
As a Support Worker, you will make a real difference to residents' lives as you improve their daily living skills. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
Where will I be working?
Masons is located in the lovely River town of Stratford upon Avon. There are 2 Individuals who are male in their 60s that we support. They have profound, multiple Learning Disabilities with additional health issues such as epilepsy. Both have high support needs and are supported on a 1-1 basis in their own flats within a maisonette. Personal care is on a prompting basis with some hands on if required. One gentleman has good communication skills and the other has support with their communication so staff will develop skills in alternative communication methods.
The two gentlemen respond well to happy jolly people with a sense of humour who have enthusiasm to take them out and about.
We endeavor to create positive family relationships offering a good circle of support. Masons Road is a well- regarded service with a small friendly staff team and a community feel.
This is a 24 hour service, therefore flexibility is essential.
You will be working a range of shifts from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 9:00 pm.
24 hour shifts are from 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm and then a sleep from 10:00 pm until 07:00 am and work until 2:00 pm from 07:00 (24 hours shifts).
Weekend shifts on a rostered fair basis for all staff.
Please note that working hours may vary.
What will I be doing?
This is a hands-on job in which no two days are the same. Your duties will include:
- promoting the independence of people we support
- supporting a full range of daily activities including cleaning and cooking, days out or going away on holiday
- arranging activities in the home and in the local community
- developing residents' life skills and personal interests
- helping residents stay safe and healthy
- assisting with personal care needs
- manual handling
- supporting people with medication
- ensuring record keeping is maintained to the required standard at all times and contributing to service monitoring requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
Whilst knowledge of learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn't essential. What is essential is that you are:
- passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- a great team player with lots of energy
- able to demonstrate good communication skills
- able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling where needed
Why Turning Point?
We take pride in the services that we provide. There is one vision that everyone at Turning Point shares, which is held together by our values. These include believing in potential, communicating in a confident way, embracing change and treating each other as individuals.
Running services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our services - and, our people. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support people with Learning Disabilities to live fulfilling lives - here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job: we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive Learning and Development opportunities - we are Investors in People Silver accredited
- 28 days holiday, increasing with each year of service until 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including, bike to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive Pension and Life Assurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme and access to online Health and Wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work/life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts including Cinema, Groceries and Gym.