Support Worker Days - Cuthbert's Close
Do you have a caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people's lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no two days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would love to hear from you!
Turning Point takes pride in the services we provide. There is one vision that everyone shares at Turning Point, which is held together by our values. These include believing in potential, communicating in a confident way, embracing change and treating each other as individuals.
We run our services on a not-for-profit basis. We invest every penny back into our services - and, our people. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to supporting people with learning disabilities to live fulfilling lives, Turning Point is for you.
About the people you will be supporting:
1 Cuthbert's Close
We are a group of 4 people with learning disabilities who have lived together for a number of years. We enjoy spending time together but also have individual interests, to which we need support to be able to take part in. At number 1 Cuthbert’s Close, we have room for 2 more individuals to live with us when we find people that have similar interests and support needs that would like to move in.
2 Cuthbert's Close
We are a group of four people with learning disabilities who live together in a home that has rooms for two more people; we have two people that are hoping to move in with us in the near future. We enjoy spending time together but also have individual interests, to which we need support to be able to take part in.
We like to have visits from our families and friends and we like to be supported in a way that ensures that we live as independently as possible. We sometimes need 1-1 support to enable us to attend local social activities such as visiting the library and parks or going out for meals or for shopping. This is very much a hands-on job where no two days are the same.
Desirable but not essential – experience within the supported living/care sector.
Shift Patterns may look like this:
This is a bank contract, if you lead a busy life and want to pick up a few shifts here and there, this would be ideal for you. We have a wide range of shifts including mornings, afternoons, nights and weekends. An example of what the shift patterns may look like, Evening – 07:30 to 3pm Lates – 13:00 to 20;30 Evening/Lates 07:30 to 8pm Nights – 19:30 to 08:00am.
Daily support we need from you:
- Assisting with our personal care needs
- To prepare food for us or with our involvement when we want
- Support us with our food and drinks
- Manual handling
- Supporting us with medication including creams and lotions
- Ensuring our record keeping is maintained to the highest standard, this will include finance records as these will be audited
- Help us to manage our money safely
- To help us keep our home clean and tidy
- Ensuring our health and safety is maintained
- Making sure we have an interesting and varied day
- Liaising with the Landlord regarding our tenancies and any repairs.
The Ideal Candidate
Whilst knowledge of our learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it is not essential; what is essential is that you are:
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills, including understanding non-verbal communication
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling where needed
- Transferable experience of helping people to manage anxiety
If this describes you we would love to hear from you.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive Learning and Development opportunities - we are Investors in People Silver accredited
- 28 days holiday, increasing with each year of service until 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including, bike to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive Pension and Life Assurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme and access to online Health and Wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work/life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts including Cinema, Groceries and Gym.