Support Worker - Chilton Way
Would you like to be part of a small and highly specialised service which is committed to supporting me with every aspect of my life?
Would you like to work with me and enable me to live as independently as possible in my local community?
Would you like to be well trained, well supported and well paid and know that you are making a positive difference every time you go to work?
I am looking for people to support me in my home in the local community in River, Dover. I am a man who experiences autism and sometimes I may display behaviour which can be described as challenging. I enjoy going out and about, but I can get anxious. I am lots of fun to be with and want people to work with me who care about me and are dedicated to supporting me to do every day things like eating healthily, keeping fit and learning new skills. I have my own ways of doing things, which the rest of my team will help you to learn, and if you're the right person, we'll get on great!
This is a 24 hour service, therefore flexibility is essential. You will be working a range of shifts from 7:30am to 3:00pm and 2:30 pm to 10:00pm, waking nights (9:45pm - 7:45am), some weekends.
Bank positions also available.
About the role
- You will work as part of a team supporting me each day.
- I love to go out for coffee or snacks, this can be challenging for me at times so I need mature minded support and people that can forward plan, helping me enjoy what I love.
- I enjoy trips to theme parks so I need people that can help me achieve this throughout the year.
- I love movies and will always enjoying going to the cinema or watching the latest release on DVD.
- I like to talk to you and can focus on specific events in my past so will need support that help me communicate in new conversations.
- I must have a confident, structured and consistent routine.
The Ideal Candidate
You must be:
- Be mature minded and be able to forward plan, helping me develop my skills.
- Patient and understanding and do things the way I want them to be done.
- Be able to work strategically to reduce my anxieties and improve my quality of life.
- Be able to stick to the rules that will keep me and you safe.
You must have:
- This will be as part of an established team who can make a positive difference to my life, so you must work well together as a team but be confident to work independently too - as a member of my team you will be given full training and induction from my Team Leader and your first few shifts will be alongside them so you can get to know me and I can get to know you!
- The right attitude!
- A good attendance record.
- The ability to work in partnership with my friends and family
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work.
We understand reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our Total Reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, so we can invest in your future – we have a silver accreditation from Investors in People
- Access to Blue Light Card discounts as well as exclusive discounts to Turning Point employees, on mobile phones, gym memberships, shopping and much more
- Flexible working solutions so we can support your work-life balance
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays and spread the cost
- Access to free financial education, counselling, occupational health, and advice services – some of which your family can use too – to support your total wellbeing
- A mileage claim scheme
- Free life cover of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension scheme to support your savings and security
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication
- Flexible benefit options including Cycle to Work schemes and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics