Support Worker - Bolton
Do you have a caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people's lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no two days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would love to hear from you.
Are you looking to join a specialised committed team? Are you flexible, adaptable and able think on your feet? Are you passionate about supporting people to live their fullest lives?
We are recruiting staff members to join our specialised team in Bolton. The role is to support five fantastic individuals that require specialised support and consistency, with every aspect of their life. Their idea of a perfect support worker would be;
-Someone who can follow routines, and guidelines that meets my needs
-Someone who is proactive, and enthusiastic with planning trips and adventures
-Someone who is patient, and understands that I may have difficult days
-Someone who has at least 12 months experience supporting adults with learning disabilities, autism and mental health
-Someone who understands that all behaviour happens for a reason
-Someone who is able to remain calm and comforting
-Someone who is fun, and kind
-Someone who has at least 12 months experience supporting adults who may display behaviours of concern
-Someone who is committed to helping me learn new skills, and increase my independence
-Someone who treats everybody as an equal
-Someone who is passionate about increasing my quality of life
-Someone who will match my energy
-Someone who can be adaptable with their communication, if I am overwhelmed
Shifts: This is a 24 hour service, therefore flexibility is essential. You will be working a range of shifts from 7:00/8:00 am to 2:00/3:00pm and 2:00/3:00pm to 9:00/10:00pm, sleep ins or waking nights, some weekends.
Please note that working hours may vary from service to service.
This is a hands-on job in which no two days are the same. Your duties will include:
- Promoting the independence of people we support
- Supporting a full range of daily activities including cleaning and cooking, days out or going away on holiday
- Arranging activities in the home and in the local community
- Developing residents' life skills and personal interests
- Helping residents stay safe and healthy
- Assisting with personal care needs
- Manual handling
- Supporting people with medication
- Ensuring record keeping is maintained to the required standard at all times and contributing to service monitoring requirements
The Ideal Candidate
Whilst knowledge of learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn't essential. What is essential is that you are:
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling where needed
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work.
We understand reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our Total Reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, so we can invest in your future – we have a silver accreditation from Investors in People
- Access to Blue Light Card discounts as well as exclusive discounts to Turning Point employees, on mobile phones, gym memberships, shopping and much more
- Flexible working solutions so we can support your work-life balance
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays and spread the cost
- Access to free financial education, counselling, occupational health, and advice services – some of which your family can use too – to support your total wellbeing
- A mileage claim scheme
- Free life cover of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension scheme to support your savings and security
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication
Flexible benefit options including Cycle to Work schemes and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics