Support Worker - Bilford Road - Worcester - Drivers only
Do you have a caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people's lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no two days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would love to hear from you.
At Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities across England.
As a Support Worker, you will make a real difference to residents' lives as you improve their daily living skills. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
Where will I be working?
You will be supporting individuals at our supported living service in Worcester for adults with Learning Disabilities.
At Bilford Road you will be supporting an individual with an Acquired Brain injury in his own flat. The role will include assisting the individual to become independent in all area’s of their life through support and learning. The individual is very active and enjoys a variety of different sports which they attend in different locations in the local area. The individual also attends college where they are learning new skills and the support worker will assist him with is college work.
The service is a converted bungalow that is split into two flats, the second flat is currently empty and the role would include assisting an individual to move/settle into the service once moved in.
The role of the support worker will be to support the client(s) in all areas of personal, domestic and social needs, both at home and in the community.
Training and Development
We offer training to all those who want to develop their skills and competencies not just in the care sector but in other areas too.
- Level 2 and 3 Lead Adult Care Worker
- Level 3 Operational Team Leader team leader
Please note training will be offered after your probation period ends which is 6 months. Once you begin your training with us you will have your own coach who will support you through your programme.
This is a 24 hour service, therefore flexibility is essential. You will be working a range of shifts from 7:00am to 2:00/3:00pm and 2:00/3:00 pm to 9:00/10:00pm, sleep ins or waking nights, some weekends.
Please note that the shifts may vary.
What will I be doing?
This is a hands-on job in which no two days are the same. Your duties will include:
- Promoting the independence of people we support
- Supporting a full range of daily activities including cleaning and cooking, days out or going away on holiday
- Arranging activities in the home and in the local community
- Developing residents' life skills and personal interests
- Helping residents stay safe and healthy
- Assisting with personal care needs
- Manual handling
- Supporting people with medication
- Ensuring record keeping is maintained to the required standard at all times and contributing to service monitoring requirements
The Ideal Candidate
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
Whilst knowledge of learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn't essential. What is essential is that you are:
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling where needed
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work.
We understand reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our Total Reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, so we can invest in your future – we have a silver accreditation from Investors in People
- Access to Blue Light Card discounts as well as exclusive discounts to Turning Point employees, on mobile phones, gym memberships, shopping and much more
- Flexible working solutions so we can support your work-life balance
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays and spread the cost
- Access to free financial education, counselling, occupational health, and advice services – some of which your family can use too – to support your total wellbeing
- A mileage claim scheme
- Free life cover of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension scheme to support your savings and security
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication
- Flexible benefit options including Cycle to Work schemes and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- *any local benefits to team or area added in by manager e.g. team meals, free parking
RAF scheme statement such as “Are you already an employee at Turning Point and can think of someone perfect for this role? Successfully recommend a friend as a new colleague and get a £200 bonus!”