Speciality Doctor - SDAS
Please Note: This appointment commences in February 2020
Specialist Doctor (GP with a special interest / Consultant Addiction Psychiatrist)
Part Time - 13 Hours Per Week
Base: Turning Point: Somerset Drug and Alcohol Services
At Turning Point, we're bringing new thinking to the treatment of drug and alcohol misuse throughout the UK and at Turning Point Somerset, there is an exciting job share opportunity for a part time Specialist Substance Misuse Doctor.
Running health and social care services as a social enterprise, we invest every penny back into our care – and our people. So, if you're ambitious and ready for a fresh challenge, progress your career as a Specialty Doctor with a sector leader.
We are now seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, dynamic and passionate Independent doctor to join our multi-disciplinary team offering comprehensive specialist clinical prescribing services and a wide range of psychosocial interventions across hub and satellite locations. The role will be supporting the Regional Clinical Lead and Operations Manager to develop and embed robust practice and high quality performance across the East of the County.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide a constant stimulus for improving clinical services and Key to this medical role will be the ability to work as part of the senior management team to lead a large staff team, whilst developing strong relationships with key stakeholders.
As a Specialty Doctor, you will be expected to provide a wide range of health related interventions that promote service users well-being and opportunities for sustained recovery. In return, Turning Point is committed to the on-going professional development of all its staff. We offer regular structured supervision; a well-developed monthly CPD program and full support with appraisals and revalidations. We will also provide additional support in building on your experiences of working with people with drug and /or alcohol problems.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will also be expected to have and/demonstrate the following:
- Experience in addiction medicine
- Current registration with GMC with a valid pin
- Previous experience of providing safe, effective and evidence based assessment, care and interventions for substance users
- The legal right to work in the UK.
In addition to the above we are seeking to appoint an individual who can also bring Turning Point’s core values to the role:
- We believe that everyone has the potential to grow, learn and make choices
- We all communicate in an authentic and confident way that blends support and challenge
- We are here to embrace change even when it is complex and uncomfortable
- We treat each other and those we support as individuals however difficult and challenging
- We deliver better outcomes by encouraging ideas and new thinking
- We commit to building a strong and financially viable Turning Point together
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
- 33 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 35 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.