Social Work Practice Lead - Greater Manchester Move-on Project
This exciting new development within Greater Manchester welcomes enthusiastic applicants to apply for a rare opportunity to be involved in shaping a novel 1-year pilot service that will support housing and support providers with individuals who are either:
- at risk of placement breakdown/eviction/hospital readmission
- require proactive and targeted multi-agency work to remove barriers to onward housing options
At Turning Point, we support people across the UK with mental health issues. You will make a real difference to their lives as you work closely with them to help them achieve their potential. Turning Point has several well-established services within Manchester. You will form part of a wider supportive management team within the region and there is the opportunity for growth in the future.
If you believe the role is right for you, please do note that we are negotiable on the hours worked.
Full details for the role can be found in the attached job description. Please note that the particulars of this may be subject to change as we progress through the pilot scheme together.
In the role of Social Work Practice Lead, you will be responsible for the leadership and development of the GMMoP service. Working with and managing a team of skilled multi-agency professionals, you will lead and oversee the delivery of timebound interventions to a range of supported accommodation providers, enabling them to work more effectively with citizens with complex needs who may be at risk of placement breakdown or to support them in the next stage of their recovery journey to move on to more independent living environments.
The Social Work Practice Lead will be crucial to the success of the GMMoP service, both in its day to day running as well as in the realisation of the strategic vision of both Turning Point and our commissioning partners. As part of this role you may be expected to manage a caseload of individuals.
The Ideal Candidate
Suitably qualified, with experience in the mental health sector, it’s essential that you have a good understanding of the recovery model, together with a solution–focused attitude and a person–centred approach. You’ll be equally comfortable getting things done on your own initiative and as part of a team, and have no problems working in a fast–paced environment and adapting to challenging situations. And of course, you’ll be the sort of person who enjoys talking to people with different needs, is genuinely interested in helping them, and possesses a deep level of empathy, understanding and patience.
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 33 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 35 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.