Shared Care and Pharmacy Manager - City & Hackney
At Turning Point, we are recognised leaders in helping people recover from addiction and gain control of their lives. By providing the right support at the right time, and making sure that people can find all the help they need, we have grown into one of the largest providers of substance misuse services in England and Wales. Right now, we are now looking for a talented Shared Care and Pharmacy Manager to work within our community-based substance misuse services in the City of London and Hackney.
The service is delivered in partnership with Mind CHWF and London Friend and there is a focus on partnership working throughout the service to support those in the local community who need assistance to achieve their goals. We deliver treatment and support across the neighbourhoods ensuring a holistic and inclusive approach to recovery in this service.
As a shared care and pharmacy manager you’ll have the chance to make a real difference to the lives of the people we support who are experiencing difficulties from drugs and alcohol use, working in partnership with primary care stakeholders to develop effective pathways for people to get the support they need in their community to help turn things around.
Passionate about people, you’ll enjoy the opportunity and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress in your career within a social enterprise. So if you’re ambitious and ready for a fresh challenge with a sector leader then this could be the opportunity for you.
The role will be responsible for the running and development of the primary care element of the service. Contributing to quality and outcomes by working closely with shared care workers, clinical managers, GPs and shared care GPSI as well as leading on community pharmacy relationships and management of contracts. Key elements of the role will include:
- Supporting the development, monitoring and updating of contracts in relation to shared care, pharmacy needle syringe programmes and supervised consumption
- Coordinating and providing an annual training calendar to GP’s and pharmacists in conjunction with the Clinical Team
- Develop formal pathways and protocols in collaboration with GP Surgeries and Pharmacies
- Create information sharing protocols that enable GP system access for shared care workers
- Develop communication channels and partnership working relationships with LMC and LPC
- Undertake regular meetings with individual Shared Care Practices to support GP’s, audit Shared Care services and to ensure ongoing CPD
- Monitor quality of pharmacy provision and support staff to manage risk and poor practice
- Seek service user feedback to support continuous improvement and outcomes
- Maintaining and utilising management information and data collection systems as appropriate to report and support contract management and payments
Lead on harm reduction and NSP co-ordination for the service
The Ideal Candidate
You will need to be an excellent communicator, you'll have the ability to develop support packages that are creative, flexible and tailored to the needs of each individual. And of course, we're looking for someone who loves talking to people with different needs, is genuinely interested in helping them, and possesses a deep level of empathy, understanding and patience.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- NMC Registration / GHpC Renewal fee paid for
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date